Gender and Social Inclusion
What Will You Learn?
- Understand gender and social inclusion
- Distinguish sex and gender roles, gender stereotypes and consequences for development.
- Know and distinguish practical and strategic gender needs.
- Be able to establish link between behaviours, life and career choices and relevance attached to contributions of women and men, girls, and boys by society to development.
- To get trainees abreast of the concept of Gender Analysis (who conducts it, why, how and when to conduct it).
- Knowledge of and application of tools/frameworks used for the analysis
- To understand the concept – Gender Mainstreaming (significance and challenges).
- To be abreast with the pillars/underpinning principles to ensure Gender is mainstreamed.
- Approaches for actual mainstream gender.
- To learn and know how to engage different stakeholders.
- To empower trainees on the essence of sensitivity of language and words in mainstreaming gender at all levels of society especially, organisations.
- To identify how to conduct gender-responsive monitoring and evaluation
Module 1 – UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT OF GENDER AND SOCIAL INCUSION
Module 2 – INTEGRATING GENDER AND SOCIAL INCLUSION ANALYSIS IN PROJECT PLANNING
Module 3 – MAINSTREAMING GENDER AND SOCIAL ANALYSIS IN PROJECT, PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
Module 4 – GENDER AND SOCIAL INCLUSION IN PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION